Friday, September 2, 2011

What Do Moms Lie About?

Have you ever lied about your children to other moms? I got this topic again from The View. On the same day they had quite a few interesting topics! The link below is a video of the list of things that they say mom's have lied about, take a look...(It's 2mins 15sec...about 1min 45 sec is the clip I'm talking about.)

The View | Video | Hot Topics: What Do Moms Lie About?

I have to say that I have never lied about what my kids do, I really haven't. I've never tried to act like my kids were something they weren't. Whether good or bad. When they were a baby or even now. But I have compared my kids to other children and often bragged about them to others. Haven't all moms? From our labor stories to the development of your children for the first year; sitting, walking, talking. We compare as if it has a bearing on our parenting skills.

Well, here is my children in a nut shell; My first labor was almost 24 hour long! My kids never slept through the night as babies, in fact many of them still get up to come in my room in the middle of the night! My kids took until 2 years old to get all their teeth, my last one was 3 years old before she got her last two "I" teeth! They waited until they were 1 year old and one was 14 months before he walked. They all take their time but eventually all get there.

Things to feel guilty about??? I have left my kid in a dirty diaper, let them cry themselves to sleep, thought my kids were better behaved, yelled at them when I shouldn't have and have made sandwiches for dinner because I didn't want to cook...Nope, I'm not super mom!

But One thing I confess I was the queen of is... "My kids will never":

Mine will never... take off their shoes when we are out of the house (in the car or at church) so that we have to wait for them to get them back on before we can go in to the store...well, they do.

Mine will never...look dirty...well, we have many times looked like we just rolled out of bed!
Mine will never...throw a fit in the store...I remember a time when I walked through the store shopping while my child wailed (I had to shop, it was the only time I had) and they wanted to throw a fit, I just ignored them! Much to the stares of others! lol

Mine will never...sleep with me...HAHA...they still do! I don't care!

Mine will never...have a pacifier past a certain age...My 3 year old still has hers!


We all have been there...if our kids are loved and know it, who cares!!! Don't you agree!!!??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment