Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mommy Support

I have been a stay-at-home mom for about four years. Before I was able to stay home, I have to say that I had an amazing job. I worked there for about 3 years. During that time I was able to take my children with me to work. (Aryianna was already in school by now). Jaylen came to work with me until he was a year old, Jayden came with me until he was about 8 months and Akayla-Joy until she was about a year old! Not many have that opportunity. To earn income and spend time with their children. I had the best of both worlds.

During that time, I never had to miss out on the little moments. During the first year they change so much, I wanted to be there for all the firsts. From a first word, first tooth to the first steps. And with each child it was the same excitement as the one before, each was unique to who they were. I am so glad that I have a video camera and was able to video taped so many moments of when my kids were little. They go by so fast and I have forgotten them, replaced with today. I often forget a month ago, let alone how it was to see them so little! For me it would have been so hard to drop my children off and not see those first's happen. And then when Akayla-Joy turned one I was finally able to do what I had always wanted, to stay home with my children!

I have been blessed. Blessed with five children of all sorts of personalities, character, love languages and gifts. Each one of them teaching me something new every day, even sometimes every minute.

With that, I am also in need of me time. I look forward to moments alone. (Which often does not include when taking a shower or using the restroom!) I look forward to uninterrupted "me" time! So when those few and far between moments that I get adult conversation, or an occasional coffee date, I really do enjoy them!

I thought it might be interesting to use my blog to talk about the ups and downs of motherhood. The hardest but most rewarding job there is! I would love to get feed back from other mom's so that we are be able to encourage one another. Because face it, many times the only catching up I do is on Facebook!

We moms need to be there for each other, in whatever way we can. And this is my attempt to do that! I hope in some way, even if just for myself, I can grow as a mom for my children! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment