Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Conversation With My Daughter

My 4 year old daughter, Akayla-Joy and me were laying in bed face-to-face. She was talking about the movie we watched earlier that day; Tangled. (For those that haven't seen it yet, I am going to give pieces away!)

Akayla-Joy: So, why did her hair turn brown?
Mommy: Because when they cut it, it would turn brown
Akayla-Joy: Why was her mom evil?
Mommy: Sometimes people are that way

Akayla-Joy: So, why did God flood the earth, I know that people were evil but why did he flood it?
Mommy: Because people were evil and it made God sad
Akayla-Joy: Well, why did God make them evil?
Mommy: He didn't, but some people grow up and forget that God loves them and they don't love Him.
Akayla-Joy: We have to grow up and remember to love God. Like you, you grew up and you remembered!
Mommy: Yes, I did!

Akayla-Joy: So, when Jesus died on the cross, did he come back alive and go to heaven?
Mommy: Yes he did
Akayla-Joy: Is that how Jonathan went to heaven?
Mommy: I explained how Jesus went in body and Jonathan went in spirit but they are both in heaven.

Then she say's "I'm tired, I'm going to sleep." I couldn't believe the deep conversation I had just had with my 4 year old daughter! It showed how our children pay attention. We did Noah's Ark in one of our family devotions, a few weeks ago, from the books from our church and she remembered! They do listen!

God has entrusted us with these little people to help guide them. We have a very important job! Proverbs 22:6; Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it. Reminds me how I need to be more mindful of what I am teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment